What is OPC UA?
OPC UA? Open Platform Communications Unified Architecture
OPC UA is a standard overseeing interoperability and data exchange for industrial communications. It provides safe and secure means to connect supervision systems (SCADA), programmable logic controller (PLC), with actuators and field systems.
- International standard (IEC 62541)
- Open, independent from manufacturers, programming languages, and operating systems
- Secure and reliable: secure communications on open networks
- Interoperable, multi-platform, upgradeable
- Model Based, Object Oriented technology
- Pub/Sub communication model